There are swimming pools and hot tubs at both Read Hall and Farnsworth Hall.
Pool Hours: Read Pools: 7:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Farnsworth Pools: 7:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Use DV Kee card for entry
Rules for Swimming Pools and Hot Tubs/Spas (collectively “Pools”)
1. Only Members and their guests are permitted to use the Pool facilities. It is the Member’s responsibility to instruct their guests on the Pool rules and to accompany them to and remain with them while at a Pool.
2. All persons using the Pool facilities must shower before entering Pools. Water-soluble sunscreen may be applied, so long as it is applied at least 45 to 60 minutes before entering the Pool area.
3. Children that are not toilet trained are not permitted in Pools. Children (up to age 16) must be accompanied by a Member at least 18 years of age or older. Children may only use toys in the Pools that cannot be sucked into the vacuum system and clog the filters and valves.
The hours that children (up to age 16) may use the pools are:
Read Hall Complex Pools – 10:00 am to 1:00 pm only
Farnsworth Hall Complex Pools – 11:00 am to 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
4. Running, diving, or horseplay is not permitted. The use of small inflatable items and noodles may be used provided they do not interfere with other swimmers.
5. Only standard swimwear is allowed.
6. Persons with open cuts, sores, rashes or wearing adhesive bandages are not permitted in the Pools.
7. Eating or drinking is not permitted in any Pool area except in designated areas. Absolutely no glass containers are permitted in Pool areas.
8. Smoking in Pool areas, dressing rooms and showers is not permitted.
9. Individuals under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the hot tubs (spas).
10. No scooters or bicycles are permitted within a Pool area. Please use the bicycle racks provided outside the gated pool area.
11. No portion of any Pool equipment may be used for anything other than the intended purpose. By way of clarification and not of limitation, no person shall be permitted to use the metal railings and ladders in Pools for any purpose other than for the entry or exit from the related Pool. (This includes, but is not limited to a prohibition on using the metal railings and ladders for exercise purposes.) Moreover, no person shall situate himself or herself in a Pool so as to impede or interfere with anyone entering or exiting a Pool from an intended entry or exit point.
12. Animals, except for service dogs, are not allowed in the pool area at any time.
There are no lifeguards on duty. To swim alone is dangerous. Swim at your own risk and enjoy yourself, but please be considerate of other people.
Please do not donate items, such as clocks, and hang in pool areas. Recently someone hung a clock in the Read Pool area. The face was glass. The clock fell and glass was on the deck when the maintenance crew came to work. This meant the crew had to wait until it was daylight in order to vacuum the deck and clear all glass. This could have caused the closure of the pool had glass been detected in the pool. Your co-operation is appreciated. We want to provide a safe and clean area for swimming.